Green Mile Loop Challenge 2019
When: Saturday, September 28, 2019
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Where: Roosevelt Shelter in North Park (Directions to shelter and Course Map)
What: We aim to promote the healthful and competitive aspects of trail running while making this event highly accessible (e.g. free of charge, modest trail course for any level trail runner)
Event Parameters: Within the allotted timeframe (8 a.m. to 2 p.m.) how many loops of the almost 2-mile green trail can you do? (1 loop or 20? It's all good!) With each loop you complete, a raffle ticket is given to you. The more loops, the more tickets, the more chances to win some cool swag! We are running in the opposite direction this year.
Pre-Race Communication (in case you lost the email!)
1. Individuals are eligible to win one raffle prize. No repeat winners on the raffles.
2. Race clock will be utilized. Participants will be required to note their 'check out time' on the tracker board. In the event of a tie for top looper, completion time will count. Fastest looper wins.
3. Award goes to the top female participant and the top male participant.
4. High-volume loopers are granted bragging rights and a sense of accomplishment.
Wait List: Registration is SOLD OUT. But we will have people dropping! Get on the wait list now by emailing email@example.com.
Join NPTR (for free) and receive preferential treatment on the wait list.
Need to drop from the event? (schedule conflict, etc) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Will there be NPTR Merchandise at the event? Yes! A $20 donation = a shirt. We have a few varieties of shirts from which to choose!
2. Are there restrooms? Yes.
3. Parking? Yep, we're using the Church lot.
4. What if I've never run trails before? This is the event for you! Give it a go!
5. What about awards? Yep, we'll recognize the high-volume loopers!
6. Do I need to be present to win the raffle? No, just be sure to put your name and cell phone number on the ticket stub. We'll do the drawings at 2:15 p.m.
7. Can I bring kids? There's a playground nearby, feel free to send them there.
8. Do I have to start right at 8:00 a.m.? No. You can start anytime you'd like! We expect varying start times from many people.
9. Will there be food? Yes!