Why join? (and why donate?)
In August of 2017, NPTR shifted from a running club to an official, nonprofit organization. We are driven 100% by volunteers. In order to “keep the lights on” (e.g. pay for insurance, host this website) we must solicit and obtain donations. Once insurance is procured, our goal is to organize and execute several trail races, initially informal, and building to an “official” NPTR Trail Race. In the meantime, we continue to offer weekly group runs, training support, and camaraderie. If/when we manage to accrue surplus funds, members will be able to vote upon a philanthropic endeavor (e.g. rehab Wisconsin Shelter, create a kids running program, medical costs for teddy bear...etc).
- Does it cost anything to join? No. However, we are encouraging individuals to consider donating (at any level) in conjunction with with joining.
- What do I get when I join? Voting rights. Future access to “Members only” events.
- How do I donate money? Upon submitting an online Membership Application (button below), a donation form will pop up. If you wish to donate without joining, simply click on the Donate button (below) now. Membership form is FAST and EASY!
- Do I get anything for donating? All donors will be acknowledged on our website. Additionally, you get peace of mind that you are supporting a local trail-running group that is 100% volunteer-run. Any individual who donates at the $15 level or more is able to pick up their complimentary, badass NPTR magnet at our Quarterly Meeting on Sunday, March 25. For details, see the "Quarterly Meeting Event" on the Public Facebook Page. (Complimentary RCTC Challenge Entries are gone!)
- How does Membership affect my status in the Closed Facebook Group? No impact.
- If I don't join, may I still attend group runs? Yes. But we won’t wait for you. (kidding)
Click here for our Donor Appreciation Page